Jake Hoback Kwaiback MK 5
This Jake Hoback Kwaiback MK 5 is in excellent conditions, very minor signs of use. It has an imperceptible detent rock in the closed position, and slightly asymmetrical grind, also barely noticeable. Comes with box, papers tools, extra custom pivot and standoffs.
The Kwaiback is Jake’s favorite of his designs. It’s the slimmest folder in his lineup simply due to its shape. The angular butt end of the knife Jake specifically designed to make it easier to get your hand into your pocket when the knife is clipped in. The 3.75″ blade is made from Nitro V steel with a nice flat grind. The action is smooth and lightning-fast thanks to pivot thrust bearings and Jake’s own Hoback Roller Detent. This design puts a rolling ball into the detent which drastically reduces the friction while the blade is moving for better action.
The handle is milled titanium with a slender, ergonomic shape and it completely hides the blade when closed. This MK5.1 model has no fullers which Jake enjoys yet heavy machining on the interiors to shave off additional ounces. It couples the clean machining and hand fitting with the rugged look that he strives for at Hoback Knives. There is great jimping on the thumb ramp, near the butt end of the knife, and also on the replaceable lockbar insert. It’s a mid-tech technically, but it has all the feeling and looks of a full-on custom knife. Proudly made and hand-assembled in the USA.
- Pivot Thrust Bearings
- HRD (Hoback Roller Detent)
- Hardened Stainless Steel Lock Insert With Overtravel Prevention
- Engineered Internal Lightening Pockets
- Standard Sizes On All Screws For Ease Of Replacement
- Cold-Formed Bearing Races (Work-Hardened To Increase Bearing And Knife Life)
- Blade Length: 3.75″
- Cutting Edge: 3.625″
- Closed Length: 5.25″
- Overall Length: 9.00″
- Blade Material: Nitro V
- Blade Thickness: 0.1875″
- Blade Style: Upswept Tanto
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Handle Material: Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.583″
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: Pivot Thrust Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry)
- Weight: 6.35 oz.
- Designer: Jake Hoback
- Made in the USA